It’s always interesting to think about the wide range of ice cream flavors available on the market. Some are traditional, while others are more exotic and inventive. However, there’s something special about trying out a flavor that you’ve never heard of before – especially if it starts with the unusual letter Y!
From yogurt swirls to yellow cake batter, this blog post will explore all of the delicious ice cream flavors that begin with Y. So dig in and get ready for an adventurous journey through some of your favorite frozen treats!
Ice Cream Flavors That Start with Y
1. Yumberry Swirl
A unique combination of yumberries, an exotic fruit native to China, mixed with a sweet cream base for a delicious and fruity treat.
How to Make Yumberry Swirl Ice Cream?
Making your own homemade Yumberry Swirl Ice Cream has never been easier. All you need is a few simple ingredients and an ice cream maker. Here is a step-by-step guide to creating this delicious treat:
- Gather the ingredients needed for the recipe: 1 cup of yumberry puree, 2 cups of heavy cream, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, add the yumberry puree and heat until it has thickened (about 10 minutes). Once thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- In another medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until all ingredients are combined and bring to a simmer.
- Once at a simmer, remove from heat and add in the yumberry puree. Stir until fully incorporated and set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- When cooled, pour mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions (usually 15-20 minutes).
- After churning, transfer ice cream to a freezer-safe container with an airtight lid. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving or up to 3 months for storage.
- Enjoy your homemade Yumberry Swirl Ice Cream!
2. Yogurt Crunch
Deliciously creamy yogurt ice cream that’s been covered in crunchy bits of cereal for added texture.
How to Make Yogurt Crunch Ice Cream?
Making yogurt crunch ice cream is a fun and easy treat for any occasion. The combination of creamy yogurt, crunchy cereal and frozen fruit create an incredibly delicious dessert that both kids and adults will love! Here’s how to make it:
- Choose your ingredients – Start by selecting the yogurt flavor you prefer. You can also choose the type of cereal you want to use such as granola, muesli or even Rice Krispies®. Pick out your favorite frozen fruits, like strawberries, blueberries or mangos.
- Prepare the mixture – In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt with 1/3 cup of your preferred cereal choice (crushed). Add 1/2 cup of your frozen fruit and mix everything together.
- Put the mixture into molds – Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the yogurt crunch mixture into ice pop molds or silicone molds. Place the molds in the freezer for at least four hours (or overnight).
- Serve – When ready, take out from the freezer and enjoy! If you used plastic molds, run them under warm water for a few seconds before serving so it’s easier to remove the popsicles.
- Enjoy – Yogurt crunch ice cream is a delicious treat with a lot of benefits! It’s filled with protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals that will help keep your body healthy. Enjoy the delicious combination of crunchy cereal, creamy yogurt and frozen fruit!
3. Yellow Cake Batter
Sweet vanilla ice cream swirled with yellow cake mix and topped off with chocolate chips for maximum deliciousness!
How to Make Yellow Cake Batter Ice Cream?
To make yellow cake batter ice cream, you will need: 1 box of yellow cake mix; 2 cups of heavy whipping cream; 1 cup of whole milk; 1/2 cup of granulated sugar; and a pinch of salt.
Begin by mixing together the yellow cake mix, heavy whipping cream, whole milk, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Once everything is fully combined, transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to churn it into a creamy texture.
When your ice cream is finished, you can serve it as-is or top with sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, or other mix-ins of your choice. Enjoy!
4. Yuzu Sorbet
This tangy citrus sorbet is made from the Japanese yuzu citrus fruit for an incredibly refreshing dessert.
How to Make Yuzu Sorbet Ice Cream?
Yuzu sorbet ice cream is a light and refreshing dessert that’s perfect for the summer. It has a unique flavor, combining sweet yuzu juice with creamy ice cream. To make this delicious treat, here are the steps:
- Begin by preparing your yuzu juice. You can buy pre-made bottled yuzu juice, or you can squeeze it from fresh fruits yourself at home.
- Add equal parts of sugar to your prepared yuzu juice and mix until dissolved. This will give your sorbet its sweetness.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, usually about 20 minutes depending on how thick you want your ice cream.
- Transfer the finished sorbet to a container and place it in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight until it is firm enough to scoop.
- When you’re ready to serve, scoop out with an ice cream scooper and enjoy! You can also top with fresh berries or other fruits of your choice for a delicious twist.
- Store any leftover yuzu sorbet in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
5. Butterscotch Ripple
Buttery rich butterscotch ice cream loaded with swirls of sweet caramel sauce.
How to Make Butterscotch Ripple Ice Cream?
Making butterscotch ripple ice cream is a fun and easy way to enjoy a delicious treat. You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips (divided)
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream, sugar, egg yolks, and salt until it just starts to simmer. Then turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butterscotch chips in a double boiler. Reserve 1 tablespoon of melted chips for later.
- Once cooled, churn the ice cream mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. When it is almost done, add the remaining tablespoon of melted butterscotch chips by drizzling it into the mix and letting it ripple through.
- Transfer the soft serve to a shallow container and freeze for at least 4 hours until firm. Enjoy!
6. Yuzu Mango Swirl
A unique blend of two exotic fruits – yuzu and mango – for a sweet and tart flavor combination that’s sure to please.
How to Make Yuzu Mango Swirl Ice Cream?
- 1 cup mango, diced small
- 2 tablespoons fresh yuzu juice or freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced mango with the yuzu or lemon juice and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream and sugar over medium heat until it just begins to simmer. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks until light in color. Gradually add about ¼ of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat until thickened, stirring continuously to prevent curdling.
- Strain the custard through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl and set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, pour the custard into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. When it’s almost done, add in the mango-yuzu mix and let it spin for another few minutes until everything is blended together.
- Transfer your finished ice cream to an airtight container, cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper directly on top of the ice cream (to prevent ice crystals from forming), and freeze for at least another 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
7. Ylang-Ylang Ice Cream
This rare ice cream is flavored with the fragrant ylang-ylang flower, giving it an unmistakable floral aroma and taste.
How to Make Ylang-Ylang Ice Cream Ice Cream?
Ylang-ylang ice cream is a unique and exotic dessert that can be made at home with just a few ingredients. The first step to making the ice cream is to gather the ingredients. You will need 2 cups of heavy cream, 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of ylang-ylang oil, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Next, you will need to begin the process of making the ice cream base. Put the heavy cream and sugar into a medium-sized bowl and mix them together until they are combined. To make sure you get an even distribution of ingredients throughout your ice cream, use a hand mixer or stand mixer on low speed to combine everything. Once combined, set aside the mixture and start preparing your ylang-ylang oil.
To prepare the ylang-ylang oil, take two tablespoons of the oil and add it to a small saucepan over low heat. Heat it until just warmed through, being careful not to let it boil as this can cause the aroma to be lost. Once warmed up, remove from the heat and add it to the ice cream base. Finally, stir in the vanilla extract.
Now you are ready to begin chilling your ice cream mixture. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker or loaf pan and freeze for at least four hours until it is set. When it’s time to serve, scoop out servings of the ylang-ylang ice cream and top with your favorite toppings like fresh fruits or chocolate sauce! Enjoy!
Where to Buy Ice Cream Flavors That Start with Y?
You can find ice cream flavors that start with the letter Y at most grocery stores, specialty food stores, and online retailers. Some of the more popular flavors include yuzu mango swirl, yogurt blueberry swirl, and ylang-ylang. There are also fun variations like yellow cake batter or Yankee Doodle ice cream that make for perfect summer treats!
As we have seen in this blog post, the range of ice cream flavors that start with Y is quite impressive. So why not explore all of the amazing Y-inspired flavors out there that can tantalize your sweet tooth? You may even come up with a flavor of your own for others to enjoy! No matter what you decide, you’re sure to have fun and create something utterly memorable and satisfying.
Read more at Momenti Spirits!