Everyone has their favorite ice cream flavor, but have you ever stopped to consider the wonderful world of unique options that start with the letter U? From unusual takes on classic favorites to flavors inspired by the unrestrained creativity of skilled artisans, there’s definitely something for everyone in this list.
So if you’re looking to explore what your taste buds don’t typically encounter, keep reading and find out which fun ice creams can be found beginning with an “U”!
Ice Cream Flavors That Start with U
A whimsical blend of cotton candy, raspberry and blueberry flavors, this bright rainbow-colored ice cream is far too fun to resist!
How to Make Unicorn Ice Cream?
Making unicorn ice cream is an easy and fun way to make a magical, colorful treat. Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Assorted food coloring (in pink, blue, purple, green)
- Various sprinkles in all the colors of the rainbow
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
To begin, whisk together the cream and sugar until a thick mixture forms. Add your desired food colorings to create a pastel hue – we used two drops each of pink, purple and blue food coloring to get our signature unicorn ice cream! Now add in some sprinkles for extra rainbow vibes. If desired, add the teaspoon of vanilla extract for extra flavor.
To turn the mixture into ice cream, pour the contents into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to churn the mixture. Once you have a thick, creamy consistency, you’re ready to serve up your homemade unicorn ice cream! Serve it in cones or bowls and top it with some more sprinkles. Enjoy!
This popular Filipino flavor is made with purple yam and has a hint of vanilla that makes it utterly delicious.
How to Make Ube Ice Cream?
Ube ice cream is a tasty treat that can be made at home with a few simple ingredients. The recipe is fairly straightforward and requires minimal effort, making it an excellent option for those looking to whip up a delicious dessert without breaking the bank.
To make ube ice cream, you will need:
- 2 cups of ube (purple yam) puree
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Begin by stirring together the ube puree, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in a medium bowl until combined. Chill this mixture for about one hour before freezing it in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once frozen, transfer the ube ice cream into a container and place in the freezer for at least two hours before serving.
Enjoy your delicious homemade ube ice cream!
3. Umami Mushroom
For those looking for something savory rather than sweet, this intriguing flavor features shiitake mushrooms along with salt and miso for an umami punch.
How to Make Umami Mushroom Ice Cream?
- 2 cups of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of white miso paste
- 2 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of diced mushrooms (such as shiitake, mushroom, or oyster)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese until combined.
- Add in the brown sugar, vanilla extract and white miso paste. Stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Slowly fold in the grated Parmesan cheese and diced mushrooms until combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once frozen, scoop into bowls and serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
4. Up in Smoke
Decadent dark chocolate ice cream studded with salty caramelized bacon pieces adds a smoky edge to the creamy treat – perfect for dessert lovers who like a bit of edge in their sweets.
How to Make Up in Smoke Ice Cream?
Making smoke ice cream can be a fun and creative way to enjoy your favorite frozen treat! To get started, you’ll need an ice cream maker, a Mango or Strawberry flavored syrup, an aromatic flavoring such as Vanilla extract, and liquid nitrogen.
Start by adding the Mango or Strawberry syrup into the ice cream maker bowl. As it churns, slowly add in the Vanilla extract for flavor. Once the mixture has been churned thoroughly and is of soft serve consistency, pour liquid nitrogen over it to give it that “smokey” effect. Stir continuously until you have reached desired consistency and texture. Put in freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.
5. U-NO Bar
This is a classic favorite from the Midwest, combining chocolate ice cream with crunchy U-NO bars for an extra special treat.
How to Make U-NO Bar Ice Cream?
Making U-NO Bar Ice Cream is an easy and delicious way to enjoy your favorite candy bar in ice cream form. All you need are a few ingredients and a little bit of time for this homemade treat! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces chopped U-NO Bars
- Optional: Mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, or other mix-ins of choice.
To begin, combine the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the chopped U-NO Bars and any additional mix-ins until just combined.
Transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until solidified. Serve with your favorite topping for an extra special treat! Enjoy!
6. Unicorn Poop
This unique flavor combines bubblegum and marshmallow swirls along with sprinkles, making it a great choice for kids of all ages!
How to Make Unicorn Poop Ice Cream?
Making unicorn poop ice cream is an easy and fun way to create a unique and delicious treat. All you need is your favorite ice cream flavors, some colorful sprinkles or edible glitter, and a few other supplies.
To make the unicorn poop topping, combine a few drops of food coloring in a bowl with about 1/4 cup of melted white chocolate chips. Stir together until completely blended and add an extra drop or two of food coloring if needed. Dip spoonfuls of the mixture onto wax paper or parchment paper on a baking sheet, let cool for 10 minutes, then break into tiny pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
7. Urban Jungle Fudge
A mix of dark chocolate and almond flavors combined with crunchy bits of toasted coconut and walnuts, this delicious combination is sure to satisfy any chocoholic’s taste buds.
How to Make Urban Jungle Fudge Ice Cream?
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the heavy cream, whole milk and sugar. Heat until the mixture just begins to simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour the cooled mixture into a large bowl, then stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Whisk in the nutmeg and cinnamon until the spices are fully incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to make ice cream, pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for churning. Once the ice cream is firm, fold in your favorite mix-ins such as chopped nuts, dried fruit or chocolate chips.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe container then freeze for 4-5 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Where to Buy Ice Cream Flavors That Start with U?
If you’re looking for unique ice cream flavors that start with U, there are plenty of options available! Look for specialty ice cream shops or online retailers for flavors like Unicorn Poop, Urban Jungle Fudge, and U-NO Bar. You can also find these flavors at select grocery stores and big box retailers. No matter where you buy it from, we guarantee you’ll love the delicious taste of these unique flavors!
From strawberry and cheesecake to pistachio and honey, the list of delicious ice cream flavors that start with the letter U is quite extensive. Regardless of your individual taste, adding a twist of unique flavor to your next sundae is as easy as picking one of these amazing options. Not only are these flavors incredibly popular, but they also come in several different forms ranging from traditional carton-style ice cream to frozen yogurt for a healthier option.
Moreover, if you’re feeling adventurous you can even experiment with creating a combination of many of the mentioned flavors together. So what are you waiting for? Head on over to the store and pick up an assortment to explore all these tantalizing U-named Ice Cream flavors today!
Read more at Momenti Spirits!