Is there anything better than a scoop of ice cream on a hot summer day? For many of us, it’s our go-to treat when the temperature starts to rise. Whether you like to keep your flavors classic or indulgent, there are plenty of delicious options that begin with R. From refreshing raspberry sorbet to rich Rocky Road – delve into this round-up and you’re sure to find something that takes your fancy!
Discover which icy treats should be at the top of your list this season and learn where you can pick up these tasty recipes.
Ice Cream Flavors That Start with R
1. Raspberry Sorbet
A light and tangy sorbet bursting with raspberry flavor – perfect for a hot summer day! Look out for all-natural brands like Ciao Bella which contains no added sugar.
How to Make Raspberry Sorbet Ice Cream?
Making raspberry sorbet ice cream is a fun and delicious way to enjoy summertime treats. To make this tasty treat, you’ll need fresh raspberries, sugar, lemon juice or other flavorings (optional), an ice cream maker, and any additional tools you may need for the machine.
First, start by washing the raspberries and removing the stems. Place them in a medium-sized bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Next, add 1/4 cup of sugar and stir until all ingredients are mixed together evenly. Squeeze 2 teaspoons of lemon juice over the mixture if desired for additional flavor.
Transfer the raspberry mixture into your ice cream maker according to its instructions. Allow it to churn for 20-25 minutes, or until the sorbet has reached your desired consistency.
Once finished, transfer the sorbet into an airtight container and freeze for 1-2 hours before serving. Enjoy your homemade raspberry sorbet ice cream! It’s perfect for a summertime treat that everyone will love.
2. Rocky Road
Chocolate lovers rejoice – this indulgent combination of marshmallows, chocolate chips and nuts is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! Try the classic recipe from Ben & Jerry’s or make your own at home.
How to Make Rocky Road Ice Cream?
Making Rocky Road ice cream is easy, with just a few simple steps.
- Begin by gathering the ingredients: two cups of heavy cream, one cup of whole milk, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Additionally, you’ll need about 1/2 to 3/4 cup each of mini marshmallows, chopped walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Start by combining the heavy cream, whole milk and sugar together in a medium saucepan over medium heat until all the sugar has dissolved and the mixture starts to bubble around the edges; this should take about 5 minutes. Then remove from heat and stir in your vanilla extract before transferring to a bowl to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled, transfer it to your ice cream maker and churn for about 20-30 minutes or according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the ice cream is almost finished churning, add in your mini marshmallows, walnuts and chocolate chips. Allow them to mix into the ice cream completely before turning off your machine and transferring the Rocky Road Ice Cream to an airtight container.
- Place the container in the freezer until ready to serve; this should take at least 3 hours. Enjoy!
3. Rum Raisin
For something a little different, why not opt for this boozy ice cream? With its subtle sweetness from the raisins and kick from the rum, it’s sure to be a hit with adults and children alike!
How to Make Rum Raisin Ice Cream?
Making rum raisin ice cream is easy and requires only a few ingredients to make.
First, you will need to soak the raisins in dark rum for at least one hour before preparing the ice cream. This helps to infuse the flavor of the rum into the raisins and also helps prevent them from freezing when added to the mixture.
Next, prepare your ice cream mixture by combining 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Beat until light and fluffy using an electric mixer or stand mixer.
Once the mixture is smooth and creamy, gently fold in 1/2 cup of soaked raisins. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Once finished, transfer the frozen ice cream to a freezer-safe container and store in the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!
4. Red Velvet
This decadent flavor combines rich cocoa with a hint of classic red velvet. A real showstopper, this ice cream is perfect for any occasion – why not serve it at your next party?
How to Make Red Velvet Ice Cream?
Red Velvet Ice Cream is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert. All you need are a few ingredients and an ice cream maker to make this tasty treat!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
In a large bowl, whisk the cream until it begins to thicken slightly. Slowly add in the sugar while continuing to whisk. Once the mixture starts to get thick, stir in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and food coloring until everything is combined evenly. Refrigerate for at least one hour before transferring into an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Once the ice cream is ready, scoop into a bowl and enjoy!
5. Raspberry Ripple
A delicious mixture of raspberry sauce and creamy vanilla, raspberry ripple will add a colorful twist to any dessert! Look out for artisanal brands like Andersons of Inverurie which use only natural ingredients in their recipes.
How to Make Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream?
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup raspberry puree (from about 3/4 pound fresh raspberries)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt until the sugar is mostly dissolved. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- While the base is churning, heat the raspberry puree in a small saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Once the ice cream is churned and still soft, add the raspberry puree and churn for 1-2 minutes longer – just until evenly incorporated. Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
6. Rocky Road Fudge Swirl
For an extra special treat, try this luxurious combination of fudgy chocolate chunks and marshmallows swirled into creamy vanilla ice cream – yum!
How to Make Rocky Road Fudge Swirl Ice Cream?
Making Rocky Road Fudge Swirl Ice Cream at home is easier than you think. All you need is a few simple ingredients and some patience while your ice cream churns away! So let’s get started:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, condensed milk, and vanilla until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the walnuts, marshmallows, and melted chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Pour the heavy cream mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for churning. When it is nearly done, add in the walnut-marshmallow-chocolate chip mix and continue to churn until thick and creamy.
- Transfer the ice cream into a freezer-safe container and let chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!
7. Rose Water & Pistachio
Unique but oh-so-delicious, this flavor combines the floral notes of rose water with nutty pistachio. It’s sure to be a memorable ice cream experience – look out for specialty brands like Lickalix which offer this unique taste.
How to Make Rose Water & Pistachio Ice Cream?
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add in the rose water and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.
- Once frozen, add in the crushed pistachios and stir to combine. Serve with extra crushed pistachios if desired. Enjoy!
Where to Buy Ice Cream Flavors That Start with R?
If you’re looking to buy ice cream flavors that start with R, there are a few options available. Many grocery stores and supermarkets offer speciality brands such as Andersons of Inverurie or Lickalix which specialize in unique flavors like raspberry ripple, rose water & pistachio and rocky road fudge swirl. Additionally, many online retailers offer a more extensive selection of unusual flavors – so it’s always worth doing some research!
In summary, it is clear that there are many delicious ice cream flavors that begin with the letter ‘R,’ from Red Velvet Cake to Raspberry Ripple. Each one offers a unique taste with its own special combination of ingredients and flavors. So, next time you’re planning an ice cream social or family gathering, consider incorporating some delicious flavors that start with the letter ‘R.’ You’ll be sure to leave your guests wanting more!
Read more at Momenti Spirits!