With names like “Querido Nutella” and “Quesito”, it’s hard to imagine that there is a shortage of ice cream flavors starting with the letter Q. While these two exquisite options may be off-limits, this doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy delicious ice creams whose titles start with Q! Below we’ll explore some popular choices that are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Additionally, we’ll discuss why each flavor has managed to stand out from the rest! So if you’re looking for something unique and flavorful, look no further than these must-try ice cream treats.
Ice Cream Flavors That Start with Q
This flavor is a combination of crunchy pecan pieces and sweet maple syrup, making it perfect for any breakfast lover!
How to Make Quaker-Pecan Ice Cream?
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, milk and brown sugar and heat just until small bubbles form around the edge of the pan. Do not let it come to a full boil. Remove from the heat and set aside while you prepare the eggs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually add the warm cream mixture to the eggs, stirring constantly. Return the entire mixture to the saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for about 10 minutes or until it thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in oats and pecans. Cover surface of custard with plastic wrap so a skin doesn’t form on top as it cools. Chill thoroughly in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight before churning in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.
2. Queso Cheese
This unique twist on traditional ice cream uses real cheese for an unforgettable dessert experience.
How to Make Queso Cheese Ice Cream?
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 6 ounces of queso cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional toppings such as candied jalapeños, diced tomatoes and cilantro for garnish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the milk until it’s steaming but not boiling.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the shredded queso cheese and stir until melted and incorporated into the milk.
- Stir in the cream, salt and sugar until combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish and chill for at least two hours or overnight.
- When ready to make the ice cream, pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Churn for 15-20 minutes until thickened and creamy like soft serve ice cream; add any optional toppings towards the end of churning, if desired.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container, freeze for 4 hours or until solidified, then scoop and enjoy your homemade queso cheese ice cream! If frozen solid, allow it to rest on countertop for 5 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
3. Queen’s Vanilla
If you’re looking for something classic yet luxurious, try out the Queen’s Vanilla. It offers an ultra-smooth texture and rich vanilla taste that will keep you coming back for more.
How to Make Queen’s Vanilla Ice Cream?
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the cream and milk with the sugar, until all ingredients are combined. Heat on low heat, stirring occasionally, until all the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Let cool to room temperature.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions (usually 20 minutes). When finished churning, transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container and freeze for 4-5 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, scoop the ice cream into individual serving dishes and enjoy! The ice cream will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
4. Quick Coconut
The addition of coconut flakes gives this flavor a tropical twist while keeping its creamy texture intact – perfect for hot summer days!
How to Make Quick Coconut Ice Cream?
For a quick and easy coconut ice cream you will need:
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, chilled in the fridge overnight
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk (optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Any desired mix-ins like chocolate bits, chopped nuts or fruit pieces.
To make the coconut ice cream: Start by pouring out the contents of the can of chilled coconut milk into a bowl. Add any optional ingredients like sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract or salt and whisk until fully combined. Next, add your desired mix ins and stir to combine. Transfer your mixture to an airtight container and freeze for at least 8 hours. After it is frozen, you can scoop the ice cream out and enjoy! Try adding different mix-ins for unique flavors.
5. Queijada Brasileira
A fan favorite in Brazil, this flavor blends traditional cake batter and condensed milk for a truly unique taste.
How to Make Queijada Brasileira Ice Cream?
To make Queijada Brasileira ice cream, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 4 cups of heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Step 1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the sugar, cream, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir until all ingredients are evenly combined and allow it to simmer for 6 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally during this time.
Step 2. Remove the pan from the heat and slowly add in the eggs, stirring constantly to avoid lumps from forming.
Step 3. Return the pan to medium-low heat and continue stirring until the mixture thickens slightly. Then remove it from heat and stir in vanilla extract, walnuts or pecans (optional) and salt.
Step 4. Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish and spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Let it cool completely before covering it with plastic wrap, then refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight until fully chilled.
Step 5. When you’re ready to make your ice cream, transfer the chilled Queijada Brasileira mixture to an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Step 6. Serve the ice cream immediately or transfer it into a freezer safe container and freeze for later enjoyment. Enjoy!
6. Queimado Caramel
This decadent treat combines burnt sugar and smooth caramel to create an unforgettable combination of flavors.
How to Make Queimado Caramel Ice Cream?
To make Queimado Caramel Ice Cream, you will need the following ingredients: 2 cups heavy cream, 1/2 cup sugar, 4 egg yolks, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 3 tablespoons of Queimado Caramel liqueur.
Begin by heating up the cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it is steaming but not boiling. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the sugar and egg yolks until they become pale yellow.
Once the cream is heated through, pour it into the bowl with the sugar/egg mixture while whisking. Continue to whisk as you return it all to the saucepan and cook over low-medium heat until thickened this should take approximately 10 minutes.
Once the mixture is thickened, remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and Queimado Caramel liqueur. Allow the mixture to cool before pouring it into an ice cream maker and churning according to manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Enjoy!
This Swiss inspired ice cream is filled with pieces of mandarin oranges and creamy chocolate chips – perfect for any chocoholic!
How to Make Quarzogne Ice Cream?
Quarzogne ice cream is a creamy, dreamy delight that you’ll love. To make it, all you need are a few simple ingredients, some time and patience.
First, choose your favorite flavor of ice cream – vanilla works best for this recipe – and scoop it into a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar to the bowl and mix until fully combined. Next, add 1 tablespoon each of almond extract and ground cinnamon. Stir until everything is evenly incorporated.
Next, prepare the “quarzogne” topping. In a separate bowl, combine 3/4 cup all-purpose flour with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 teaspoon salt. Mix together with a spoon or rubber spatula until a thick paste forms.
Spread the mixture over the ice cream in an even layer, then place it in the freezer for at least two hours or overnight. Once frozen, scoop out servings and enjoy your delicious homemade Quarzogne ice cream!
Where to Buy Ice Cream Flavors That Start with Q?
If you’re looking to buy ice cream flavors that start with Q, you’ll fortunately be spoilt for choice. Many of the world’s leading ice cream brands have delicious Quarzogne and Queijada Brasileira flavors available in supermarkets around the globe. Plus, there are a number of specialty stores which specialize in unique ice cream flavors starting with Q – so make sure to check them out!
Regardless of where you choose to purchase your Q-flavored ice cream, be sure to enjoy it while it’s cold and fresh!
With so many options for ice cream starting with the letter “Q,” it’s easy to find something that everyone can enjoy. Whether you’re into exotic flavors, quintessential classics, dairy alternatives, or something in between – you don’t have to be deterred just because the flavor of choice starts with a different letter of the alphabet.
Read more at Momenti Spirits!