If you’re like most people, you can never get enough of that sweet cold treat we all love: ice cream. From classic flavors like vanilla and chocolate to ones so unique they don’t even have a name yet, there’s an ice cream for everyone out there. But if you’re looking for a flavor that starts with the letter P, then your search is over!
In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the delicious ice cream options out there whose names begin with P, giving you plenty of new tasty options to savor during those hot summer days or late-night sundae cravings!
Ice Cream Flavors That Start with P
This classic flavor is a fan favorite, with sweet and nutty flavors that will leave your taste buds wanting more!
How to Make Pistachio Ice Cream?
Making a delicious and creamy homemade pistachio ice cream is easy and only requires a few ingredients. You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups of shelled, unsalted pistachios
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
First, you’ll want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the shelled pistachios on a baking sheet and roast them in the oven for 8 minutes. Allow them to cool completely before grinding them into a fine powder using either a food processor or blender.
Next, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar and stir until it is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and add in the ground pistachios, stirring to combine. Then, add in the vanilla extract, heavy cream, and egg yolks. Stir everything together until fully incorporated.
Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish or pie plate and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow the custard to cool completely before transferring it to an ice cream maker and follow your manufacturer’s instructions to churn it into creamy homemade pistachio ice cream! Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks for later enjoyment. Enjoy!
2. Peanut Butter Fudge
A creamy mix of two of the most popular treats out there – peanut butter and fudge – this flavor is sure to become one of your favorites in no time!
How to Make Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream?
You can make homemade peanut butter fudge ice cream with just a few simple ingredients. To start, you will need 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter.
Begin by combining the heavy whipping cream and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until the mixture starts to simmer. Once it does, remove from heat and add the creamy peanut butter. Whisk until all ingredients are completely incorporated and no lumps remain.
Pour the mixture into a bowl or container and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or overnight). When ready to use, pour the cooled mixture into an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Let the mixture churn for about 20 minutes before adding chopped peanut butter fudge pieces. Continue to churn until desired consistency is reached.
Transfer the finished ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze for several hours (or overnight) before serving. Enjoy your homemade peanut butter fudge ice cream!
3. Peppermint Stick
For those who love the holiday season all year round, this flavor combines the classic taste of peppermint candy with the rich creaminess of ice cream for an unforgettable experience.
How to Make Peppermint Stick Ice Cream?
To make Peppermint Stick Ice Cream, you’ll need a few ingredients and tools.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 crushed candy canes or peppermint sticks (or more depending on desired flavor)
- Large mixing bowl
- Stand mixer or hand mixer with whisk attachment (or an electric blender)
- Ice cream maker or ice cream churner
- In the large mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar and salt. Mix until the sugar has dissolved and all ingredients are blended. Add the peppermint extract, and use the mixer to beat it until soft peaks form.
- Add the crushed candy canes or peppermint sticks to the mixture and mix gently until they’re evenly distributed throughout.
- Transfer mixture into an ice cream maker or churner according to manufacturer’s instructions. Churn for about 25 minutes, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Once churned, transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
4. Pecan Pie
Yes, you can find any kind of dessert-inspired ice cream these days – including pecan pie! With crunchy pecans and a sweet brown sugar swirl, this flavor is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
How to Make Pecan Pie Ice Cream?
Pecan pie ice cream is a decadent and indulgent treat that is the perfect addition to any dessert menu. With its mix of crunchy pecans, warm caramel and smooth custard, it’s sure to become a favorite. To make this delicious ice cream at home, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Caramel topping (optional)
Begin by combining the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl and set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine the cream and milk and heat over low-medium heat until just barely simmering; be careful not to let it boil.
In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolks until light in color. Slowly add a few tablespoons of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks while continuing to whisk, this will temper the eggs so they don’t scramble when added to the hot liquid.
Add the tempered egg yolks to the pan and continue cooking over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula (this should take 4-5 minutes). Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in the brown sugar mixture, pecans and vanilla extract.
Transfer the mixture to a heat-safe container and place in the refrigerator until completely cooled (or overnight). Once cooled, churn in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions – usually 25 minutes. Once finished churning, transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours.
Once ready to serve, scoop into individual bowls and drizzle with caramel topping (optional).
5. Pumpkin Spice
Another classic of the season – pumpkin spice – has now made its way into ice cream form! With spices like nutmeg and cinnamon paired with real pumpkin puree, you’ll be singing its praises all year round.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream?
My favorite way to make pumpkin spice ice cream is with a homemade no-churn recipe. All you need are 4 ingredients – sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
Before you start making the ice cream, chill your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes. This helps the cream get thicker and fluffier faster.
Once your mixing bowl is chilled, pour the heavy cream into it and beat until thick peaks form. This should take about 5 minutes.
Next, add the sweetened condensed milk and fold it into the whipped cream with a spatula. Then add in 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree and 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice. Fold everything together until just combined.
Transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze for 4-6 hours, or overnight if possible. Enjoy!
This homemade no-churn pumpkin spice ice cream is the perfect Fall treat – creamy, delicious, and oh so flavorful! I love topping mine with extra pumpkin puree for an extra special touch. Enjoy!
6. Pineapple Coconut
A perfect mix of tropical flavors, this pineapple coconut ice cream is sure to transport you to paradise with just one bite!
How to Make Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream?
- 1 (14-ounce) can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple, diced into small pieces
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the coconut milk, pineapple, sugar and honey. Stir until all ingredients are combined and gently simmer for about 10 minutes. The mixture should thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooled, pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
7. Pralines & Cream
This Southern classic combines crunchy pralines with smooth and creamy vanilla ice cream for a combination that can’t be beat.
How to Make Pralines & Cream Ice Cream?
Making delicious pralines and cream ice cream is easy and fun. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Praline pieces or pecans, chopped (approximately 1/4 cup)
- Place the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl and beat it until soft peaks form. Gradually add the brown sugar while continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and nutmeg until blended. Gently fold the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream.
- Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with praline pieces or chopped pecans. Pour remaining ice cream over the top, smoothing it with a rubber spatula. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, scoop out and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer. Enjoy!
Where to Buy Ice Cream Flavors That Start with P?
There are many places to buy ice cream flavors that start with the letter P. You can find a variety of these flavors in stores, from well-known brands like Ben & Jerry’s, Häagen-Dazs and Baskin Robbins, or even make them yourself at home. If you’re looking for something more exotic or unique, you can also check out online retailers such as Creamistry, Ample Hills Creamery and Salt & Straw.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, it is no secret that there are many delicious ice cream flavors that begin with the letter P. Thank you for reading this blog post, and don’t forget to share this article with friends so they can learn more about ice cream flavors that start with P.
Read more at Momenti Spirits!